It is very important to be careful with the amount you eat of these herbs, as some are very powerful. Remember it is important to maintain a balance.
For the urinary system can eliminate all toxins must be hydrated. But there are times when by an imbalance or bad habits are accumulated in our body fluids. It must then resort to the diuretic plants.
In addition, it is recommended to follow a proper diet, drinking water (2-3 liters per day) and exercise. Find out more in the following article.
When you eat a meal or a drink included in the group of diuretics beneficial, we force the body to produce more of urine. As a result, we eliminate the mineral salts and filter blood.
It must be very careful because some of these foods are very powerful and can become dehydrated. Therefore, comply with the recommended dose is essential.
If the body takes in more water comes out, edema occurs. If, however, remove more water entering, dehydration occurs. The balance between the two is healthy.
It is also advised to pay attention to the number of days that we keep the plan diuretic, to call in some way, to avoid imbalance or some kind of health problem.
The cases in which diuretics are recommended to consume natural are:
- Kidney stones (calculi)
- Edema or fluid retention
- High cholesterol
- High uric acid
- Poor circulation
- Leg cramps
Later we will discuss the diuretic plants but first know the fruits and vegetables with this property :
What are the best diuretic plants?
There are several plants and herbs with diuretic properties that can help you remove excess water in the body. In all cases consumed by a tea or infusion.
Do not forget that the diuretic action of plants is strong and, if you consume for a long time, can worsen the health of the kidneys. For any problem related to the urinary system it is necessary to consult with a doctor.
Diuretic plants that can help are:
Arguably, among all natural diuretics, dandelion is softer, so it is the first to put on this list. It is recommended for anyone, regardless of status. It purifies the body and cleanses the kidneys.
- 1 liter of water
- 3 tablespoons dandelion (45 g)
- Heat ½ liter of water.
- When you get to a boil, remove from heat and add the herbs.
- Let infuse a few minutes, strain and pour the remaining water at room temperature.
- Full liter drinks throughout the day.
- If you find bitter you can add 2 tablespoons of honey.
Is a bit stronger than the previous one in terms it refers diuretic, so you must be more careful in their consumption.
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon horsetail (7.5 g)
- Heat the water.
- When you get to a boil, remove from heat and add the ponytail .
- Let stand 5 minutes and filtered content.
- Sweeten and drink.
This plant is not very “graceful”. As thistle has more properties that everyone imagines . Nettle is good for the skin and hair and also has diuretic effects.
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon nettle (5 g)
- Heat the water to the plant.
- When you get to a boil, turn off the heat and let a few minutes.
- Filter and drink right away.
- You can drink up to 3 cups per day.
Not only can you use this plant to flavor our sauces or creams. The laurel is a potent diuretic that is used in people with edema or circulatory problems.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- Heat the water.
- When to boil remove from heat and add the bay leaves.
- Let stand a few minutes, filter and drink.
- They are allowed up to 2 cups per day.
More plants with diuretic effects
- Birch: Make a decoction with 50 grams of the bark of this tree per liter of water. This amount will yield five days.
- Margarita: Prepare a tea with 1 tablespoon of flowers per cup of water. Drink up to 3 cups daily.
- Milk thistle: Make a decoction of 50 grams of the dried roots of the plant per liter of water and drink ¾ liter per day maximum.
- Mullein: You need 30 grams of flowers per liter of boiling water. Infused for 10 minutes and strain to remove the stamens, which can cause allergy. They allowed up to 3 cups per day.
- Sauce: Make a decoction with 30 grams of the bark of this tree per liter of water. ¾ part drink per day.
- Plantain: Machaca plant and filters the liquid. Mix with sugar and put in a saucepan to melt in double boiler. Consume up to 3 tablespoon daily.
- Thought: Make an infusion with 1 teaspoon (5g) of dried plant per cup of boiling water. They can take up to 3 cups a day.
- Verbena: Prepare a tea with a teaspoon of dried plant per ¼ liter of water. Sweetened with honey. Repeated up to 3 times a day.